Mulligans Golf Bar | Ottawa, ON

Though I am not a golfer, the hype surrounding the opening of Mulligans had me curious enough to check it out for myself and I am glad I did. Out for drinks, we decided to stop in for one and a look over the menu had us staying for a few and some food.

What I have especially loved about Mulligans (aside from the complimentary gourmet popcorn dusted with their specialty popcorn flavoring) is that the staff are knowledgeable and friendly, touching base with us throughout each of my visits. The ambiance at Mulligans is relaxed and welcoming, suitable for any occasion. Since visiting Mulligans with friends in May, I have returned for drinks with my partner and for food with coworkers, trying something different each time and happy with each experience.

While almost every Ottawa sports bar seems to rep your typical pub fare and mixed drinks, I can admit that I largely underestimated what these local owners would bring to the table. I was incredibly pleased to take a look at their food and cocktail menus to find that Mulligans decided to take a different root and have made menus full of delicious choices from fresh ingredients and featuring new flavors and out of the ordinary takes on some classics. They’ve even managed to elevate their French fries, skipping the easy cop out of truffle oil, using a JalapeƱo brine that will make you wonder why every restaurant and chip truck isn’t doing it!


Interested in learning more about what goes into Mulligans craft cocktails, I had some questions that the bartender was happy to answer, in fact, he took the time to come to our table and explain the different simple syrups and infused liquor that are concocted in-house and separate their craft cocktails from what other Ottawa bars are offering, giving us a warmer introduction to what 'Mullys' is all about – the finer things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment